Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Odd One Out vs Picasso

I have this picture of a painted plate in my studio on my inspiration board - it was painted by Picasso in 1957.  I knew Picasso had produced ceramic pieces and I thought this was one of those - but just recently I found out that this is actually an upcycled plate - I knew there was a reason I was drawn to it! Ok so maybe it was a bit about the dog too - and possibly more about the fact his name is Lump! too cute ;)


Anyway - it's kind of nice to know that (in a somewhat removed way!) I am following in the footsteps of an artist I admire so much.  A link to the cute story behind that plate here.  

All inspired to do a bit of research now - I've been checking out his other pieces.  It seems we both share a love of painting animals and silhouettes on to plates, loving the matador and bull silhouettes.... maybe I might be lucky enough to add one to my collection  - a girl can dream!



(other pics from Ro Gallery, Taglialatalla Galleries & Christies)

  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

another crackingly fabulous post, Niki.

Post a Comment