Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Origami inspired plate range....

I love Origami - well I am completely useless at making it but I do love looking at it and funnily enough drawing it!  Something about those clean, sharp, straight lines look really awesome in illustrations.  Even though I can get really frustrated painting them, I keep persisting - you need such a steady hand and the thick porcelain paint and curved plates don't really do me any favours. 

As you know I tend to paint in themes - Tattoo's, Shadow Puppets etc, so I thought I would share some of my origami inspired designs.  I think they are beginning to form quite a cute little group now.

 









 



















I would love to know if you have any requests or ideas for more!

♥♥♥

And I just have to show you the little book that was the inspiration behind it all....



How cute is that cover! 

I found this vintage 1960's children's 'how to' book about four years ago.  The cover was just irresistible and the little pages are all filled with cute illustrations and folding instructions.  Someone has lovingly completed all the projects and stuck them in their places on each page (I would never have had the patience as a kid!)  Best of all there is still a whole heap of that vintage Japanese paper filed away in the back - I just need to think of a special project to use it for :)  Check out some of the cool illustrations.....


                                                                                                 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! x

Unknown said...

totally fabulous plates, and it's great to hear how you were inspired to do them.

Post a Comment