Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Vintage Week

A few cute little vintage finds last week....






Aren't they sweet!  A little pair of plaster swans - they sort of remind me of the classic Crown Lynn swans but tiny...

which = way cuter in my books.












I'm kinda getting into a nautical vibe at the moment - Mr Odd One Out has been on at me for years about how cool retro ship stuff is - and I think I'm coming around to the idea... just a little - shhhh!

This little ship in a bottle originally had a wooden stand, which was no fun at all so I added a splash of yellow and instant cuteness!






A vintage Cadbury Bournvita "Sweet Dreams" Mug

This little guy and me have been trying to find each other for years.  Every time I think I've found one there are stains or cracks or a missing lid etc.  I got close once on Trade Me, but the poor little man was broken in the post (crazy how someone can think it would be ok not wrapping something that fragile!)

But last week there he was.... and now, here he is with pride of place in my kitchen (but out of direct sunlight and toddlers hands)

So happy!









And look at how his little hat comes off to make a saucer - too cool!













I know, I know it's another plate BUT this is actually one that I am not going to paint on - that's right!  This one is just too perfect as it is - so it's going on my wall as the only 'naked' plate in the group.

I just love the naive cross stitch like painting.










Last of all is this sweet little plaster frame I found.

Ok, the dried flowers are a bit naff but if you look past that - the peach colour and concave glass are a bit special don't you think?

I am thinking a little original painting would look cute in it - when I get the time to paint something for myself that is.  Will post a pic when/if it gets done!




                                                                                                              

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love all your finds. Your ship in a bottle reminds me of this http://store.phoenix-trading.com.au/web/vicki-ryan/area/shop-online/category/tags/product/GT33/gift-tag-treasure-map/?bid=0f367c13e19be956752e0c22a9d155353d8fef7c&search=pirate tag&sortorder=1&itemsperpage=12

I had a Bournvita mug too.

Post a Comment